Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Welcome to Pierce's Grocery

A big hearty welcome to the Pierce's Grocery on the Northside of Madison. And hats off to the determined Northside residents that have worked hard to bring this store here. We have been without a grocery story for years and have missed having one here.

Anyone that has had the displeasure of going to shop at the Copps store recently on Shopko avenue (the one that took our grocery story away in the first place) will be so happy to shop at the new store. In the last month, they have moved just about every product in the store. Sometimes more than once. Every time I go in there I feel like I'm on a scavenger hunt. I have never had so much sympathy for lab mice in mazes.

I'm guessing they are remodeling to try to keep their customers from shopping at Pierce's with the promise of fresh new store. If that's the case, they have really picked the worst time to do the remodeling. I've just had a month of really bad shopping experiences there where I have to ask where every product I want is located, and now a new store opens up.

Copps store folks keep saying they promise the store will be better when they are done. I don't care what the store will look like when they get done playing musical product placement, I'm shopping at Pierce's from now on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home