Saturday, October 07, 2006

If a Congressman yells...

I did not watch the debate this time, but I did notice something after reading a couple of the posts from bloggers that did a "live-blog" style commentary that I found interesting.

When a woman (Anne Quimby Mathias of Pundit Nation) saw Congressman Mark Green look straight into the camera and forcefully answer a question she said this:
Anne: Stop yelling at me, Mark Green. Why did he start yelling at the camera? Is he gonna go SpottedHorse2 on our ass?
But when a male (Brian Fraley of DailyTakes) saw him do the same thing, he said:
Green looks right into the camera here and nails this answer.
Now I know the response is from people of two different parties, but I found it interesting that the female found the move to be overly aggressive and the male found it to be an excellent way to answer a question. Why? Because it's safe to say that Congressman Green has the "young angry white male" group locked up, but he has serious work to do with female voters.

Of course, I'm sure almost no one watched the debate so it probably doesn't really matter unless that is how Congressman Green comes off in person as well.

2 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Blogger Anne Quimby Mathias said...

Believe me, as a woman, it's not just the yelling that bothers me.

Did you catch the line where he said abortion is used as a safety net by women? Yep, it's just a big safety net used by those loose, loose women who are raped, or who might die or loose fertility if they continue a pregnancy.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger whatsleftwi said...

For the record, I meant angry white male as a joke. That seems to be what a lot of the press tosses off the white males in the voting public as to make it easy.

Thanks for the take on how Green comes off in person.

And Anne, us women just don't realize all of our options. We need Mark Green to teach us because we are stupid in his eyes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home