Sunday, August 27, 2006

Green Bay TV

I visited family in the Green Bay area over the weekend and what a difference being in swing area TV market! I have not seen any political commercials here at home Madison, but just about every commercial during the news in Green Bay was a political ad.

The first one that came on was Rep. Mark Green's "I need to convince everyone I haven't been voting too extreme" commercial and my first thought was that it is odd that he even has to run that ad in his home market.

Until I heard my ten-year-old niece say "Mark Green is too extreme" after the commercial was over. Her parents don't work in politics like I do so if a ten-year-old child is saying that phrase, I'd say it's sticking.

It's going to be pretty rough sailing for Rep. Mark Green if he has to spend money convincing the area that knows him best that he is not too extreme.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home